Thursday, May 23, 2013

Photoshoot!


A few months ago I was contacted by a photographer from Frostbite Media about doing makeup for a photo shoot she had in mind. I was so excited and beside myself that someone loved my work and wanted me to be a part of their project.

The shoot itself was for portfolio work with the theme of fashion and beauty. I was given full control of the makeup and was basically told to go crazy! How awesome is that! With the focus on dramatic makeup, I immediately started working on some ideas I had in mind. Once I had received head shots of the models, I then modified my ideas and makeup looks to suit each model.

The first look was inspired by peacocks, as the model, Nyree, absolutely LOVES them. It was really fun to play around with peacock inspired colours and see what combos and placements worked better. This is how  the final images turned out! I also made the peacock lashes myself :P





The second model, Em, has gorgeous fair skin, green eyes and red hair, so I knew I wanted to do something smokey on her. With bold, graphic eyeliner being a trend lately, I took that into account and incorporated  that into my idea. Take a look below!




Finally, we have the third model, Jess. This girl wasn't the original model we had planned on using. The original girl ended up having to work that day, which we didn't know until we arrived. Jess is a friend that happened to be there on the day and was able to fill in for us. She doesn't normally wear makeup at all, so I had to tweak my planned look to make it more suitable for her. I think I did a pretty good job! :)




Is anyone interested in what products I used?
I would love to know what you think, leave a comment below!



Thanks so much for looking!
xx Sarah xx


No comments:

Post a Comment