Saturday, June 26, 2010

Poison Utopia TUTORIAL!


Heyy guys! Sorry I've kinda disappeared for a while, my laptop charger shit itself and I had to wait to get a new one. Anywayyy, to get back into the swing of things, here is my first blog tutorial!

And I apologise in advance for the shitty photos :(



Onto the tutorial :) ...

1. Prime your eyes. I used Naked Cosmetics eyeshadow base.
2. Apply NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean as a base. Blend with your finger up into your crease like so :


3. Next take a fluffy crease brush (eg; MAC/Sigma 217) and load it up with Mourning's Whimsy from Aromaleigh, then put this into your crease.


4. Next take and matte black eyeshadow (NYX Black, MAC Carbon) on a flat eyeshadow brush (eg; MAC/Sigma 239) and put that all over the lid, up to the crease, then blend that with the purple.


NOTE: You may need to reapply the crease colour after this step, with a patting motion to bring out the colours full potential.

5. Next take the same flat brush and load it up with Poison Utopia from Aromaleigh and pat it all over the black eyeshadow on the lid. This will bring out the gorgeous purple sparkles in it.



6. Use a black eyeliner to line the lower lashline and waterline. Go over the pencil on the lashline with the Poison Utopia. This works best on an angled eyeliner brush such as the SS266.

7. Apply any pink/purple eyeshadow that has a blue duochrome to it in the inner corner. I used Sugarbaby's Pink Blink (which I believe is unavailable), but MAC's vellum would be great to use. So many different cosmetic brands make eyeshadows with a blue duochrome, so you can substitute and use anything you already have.

8. Lastly, apply liquid/gel/cream eyeliner to the top lashline and apply mascara!


I'm very sorry some steps are missing images! My camera's macro function is extremely shit at the best of time.

Any questions, comments, requests, constructive criticism... just leave me a comment :)

Hope this was helpful!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment