Today I'm sharing a mini post with you about OPI's Nail Apps. Many brands a releasing their own versions of these, another popular one being Sally Hanson Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips.
Just to point out, this is the first time I have ever tried anything like this, so I wasn't exactly sure the best way to go about it. But I did my best, and here are the results:
I love the way these look from a small distance, but up close, there is much to be desired. I was trying to get them done quickly, probably the main reason they aren't perfect.
The bottoms of the apps are very square, and as I was trying to get them to fit my nails properly, they all ended up looking different. Also, there were a few that I had bubble issues with, being near impossible to smooth them out for a flawless finish.
- Large variety of fun designs available.
- Generally, they last longer (on me, at least) than to wear normal nailpolish.
- They don't chip.
- Make nails feel thicker and stronger.
- A little time consuming, at least for beginners.
- Difficult to file the excess off.
- I could often feel the tips snagging on things, or would get a bit of lift in some corners of the tips.
Would I buy again? Possibly. A definite yes if there was a design I absolutely loved and couldn't live without.
I am hoping to be able to try the Sally Hansen ones at some point. Considering they aren't sold here, to my knowledge, I shall be stalking Ebay for some in the future!
Have any of you tried this type of nail product? What are you thoughts? What brand would you recommend?